|Setting up email|
If your email is hosted with us, there are two basic ways of accessing your email accounts: 1) via the internet, and 2) via an email client (e.g. Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird), using your POP3 details with us.
You can access your email from any computer that has internet access and a browser installed (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox).
1) Simply browse to webmail.yourdomain.co.za.
2) Fill in your username (this will normally be the same as your email address. e.g. email@example.com).
3) Fill in your password (provided to you).
1) Your computer has to have internet access and an email client installed (e.g. Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird).
2) Create a new email account
In Outlook Express and Windows Mail (from Windows Vista), this is normally under Tools – Accounts – Add – Email… Follow their steps (name your account, put in your email address), continue with the steps below.
In Outlook, this is normally under Tools – Email Accounts – Add New Email Account – Choose POP3. Name your Email Account left top and put in your email address. Continue with the steps below.
3) Fill in your Incoming Mail Server (POP3). This is mail.yourdomain.co.za.
4) Fill in your Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP). The best is to use the outgoing mail server of the local Internet Service Provider you are currently using.
In South Africa, if you have ADSL, the best will be to use smtp.saix.net
If your Internet Service Provider is none of the above, you can try smtp.saix.net (works in most cases in South Africa), but the best will be to contact your local Internet Service Provider and obtain the SMTP details from them. Also enquire if their SMTP server requires authentication or not (step 7).
5) Fill in your username. This will normally be the same as your email address. (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
6) Fill in your password (provided to you).
7) If your Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) requires authentication, it must be set in the additional settings of your email account. This is normally under the Outgoing Server Tab in Outlook, Outlook Express and Windows Mail. If you use smtp.saix.net as outgoing server, this should not be ticked. If you encounter problems with outgoing mail, this might be one of the places to look.
8) We recommend that you set up your Delivery Settings. In Outlook, Outlook Express and Windows Mail, this is under the Advanced Settings Tab of your email account settings. Look at the Delivery tick boxes at the bottom.
We recommend that you tick: Leave a copy of messages on the server.
We recommend that you tick: Remove from server after ??? days. We normally recommend 3-5 days. The higher this number is, the more diskspace this will take up on the server. If this number is too high, you might risk using too much disk space (keep in mind the size of your hosting package). To leave a copy of your messages for a few days on the server will ensure that you could view your emails from different computers, or that another person could view the same email.
We recommend that you tick: Remove from server when deleted from ‘Deleted Items’. This will ensure that your mail server does not get clogged up.
|< Prev||Next >|